Wednesday, September 29
Saturday, September 25
Wednesday, September 22
Tuesday, September 21
2 card blanks + a scrap of matching card
Double sided tape / tape runner
Die cutting tool of choice (I used Nestabilities)
Saturday, September 18
Remastered: January 2017
Original artwork by Beccy Muir, all rights reserved. Images are for personal use and must not be copied, swapped, shared, resold or mass produced without the express written permission of the artist.
Wednesday, September 15
P.S. Have a close look at the bow tied with ribbon... see that hat pin? It collects dust no more! Heh heh...
Monday, September 13
I have scheduled a few automatic blog posts for the time I'm away, including a couple of new designs that I hope you'll enjoy. See you all in a couple of weeks!!
Sunday, September 12
Friday, September 10
The idea behind "Nell is Swimmers" comes from my Grandmother's preference for short shorts! Not quite underwear revealing, and certainly not skin tight, but definitely up there! I always admired her for those shorts... not because she had great legs (I guess they were average for her age) but because she simply felt comfortable in her skin and didn't care about the opinions of anyone else. If only we could all have her attitude.
copyright Beccy Muir
Greenbank Library 30th November from 1:00pm
Jimboomba Library 6th December from 1:00pm
Logan Village Library (my hometown) 7th December from 1:00pm
Sunday, September 5
11. Flip the front page over and run your stylus down the binding directly beside the second page. Fold the binding over the second page and press the crease firmly with the bone folder.
12. Make a second score line on the binding, a little less than 1/4" from the first, and press the fold flat. (If you had more pages you would place the second score line further away to give the pages more room in the binding. The amount of pages you add to your album is limited by the length of the brads you choose - the longer the brads the more pages you can add.)
13. You should now have two folds on your binding and it should look like the picture below.
14. Turn the front cover back over so that you are working on the front of the album. Measure and mark even spacing for six brads on the part of the binding that will remain at the front of the album. I placed two brads 1" from the top of the page, two brads 1" from the bottom of the page and two brads in the centre.
15. Use a piercing tool to make holes where you marked the location of the brads.
16. Now use your front page as a template to pierce all the other pages. Keep the pages neatly lined up when you are making the holes or your pages will end up crooked.
17. Once all your pages have been pierced it's a simple matter of pushing the pins of the brad through each page in turn, starting with the front cover. When you have pushed the brads through the last page, open the pins and tap them flat with a small hammer. Notice that the brads go through the front of the binding and all the pages but not the back part of the binding.
18. Trim the piece of binding so that it reaches the score line on the back cover. Adhere it over the open brads with double sided tape as shown in the picture.
19. Replace all the tags in the pockets and your album is complete!
Friday, September 3