It's hard to believe that six months has already passed with the wonderful ladies on my Design Team. They have provided us with some fabulous ideas and inspiration and it has been a pleasure to work with them. Thank you so very much to Annie, Carla, Emily, Marianne, Malin and Pauline and to each of my Guest Designers - Christine, Tarah, Gail, Iako, Candy and Shirl on a job superbly done. I wish you all the very best for the future.
Monday, September 30
It's a little bit of a sad post for me today... these are the final cards from the wonderful and talented Designers I have been working with for the past six months. I have enjoyed all their creations and I know they have provided some wonderful inspiration to my readers over the last half year. I'm sure these last few cards will be just as well received as all their previous work. Enjoy!
Two cards from Carla
Two cards from Emily
Two cards from Malin
Two cards from Marianne
Tarah's Calendar pages
Wednesday, September 25
Tuesday, September 24
I have some more beautiful design team cards to share with you this week. The ladies have been working with the Magnolia images from the newly released Spring Set.
Malin's Chocolate card (front and inside)
Tarah's Calendar page
Monday, September 23
Thank you so much to everyone who applied for a position on my Design Team, it was a pleasure visiting all your blogs and having a look at your beautiful cards and projects. Choosing a team was a very difficult task but I managed to narrow it down to a nice diverse group of ladies with different styles and ideas.
Now, without further ado I would like to introduce my four permanent designers...
I have also chosen six guest designers who will each join us for a month.
The new team will start work on the 1st of October. In the meantime, I hope you will take some time to visit each of their blogs, become a follower and perhaps leave a little comment or two.
Thursday, September 19
Wednesday, September 18
I don't generally use a lot of yellow in my work, and I don't really know why because it's such a happy, bright colour that works for all sorts of occasions. Anyway, I've remedied my oversight with this wattle card that uses plenty of yellow! I created it for another of those outstanding Card Camp challenges I've been catching up on. The challenge was to create a "Hello" card and send it to a friend... or in Aussie speak "holler G'day to a mate"!
Stamps by Flourishes
Coloured with copic markers
Tuesday, September 17
The double diamond fold card is a little tricky because of the way the two ends fold. I would suggest starting with a piece of printer paper so you get the hang of the creases and the direction of the folds, and don't be discouraged if it takes several attempts to manipulate those ends!
red lines = score lines
1. Cut a piece of card stock to measure 111/2" x 5". Score all the lines using the template above as a guide for measurements. You may find it easier to draw in the diagonal lines using a ruler and pencil.
2. Crease all the scored lines.
3. To crease the diagonal lines, fold the cardstock longways as shown in the picture below. With both halves together gently fold the cardstock along the score line. Flip and fold the other way, then repeat with the other end.
4. Starting from the left hand side, mountain fold, valley fold, valley fold, mountain fold. The two diagonal folds on either end of the card take quite a bit of manipulating to get them to sit correctly. Note that the two diamonds will cross over at the front and back.
5. Now it's time to decorate! I used some squares of coloured cardstock as mats for a floral image I coloured with my copic markers.
6. I cut a piece of white cardstock to go inside the fold using the measurements from the template. Before adhering it in place I stamped a sentiment at the top and bottom of the piece of card so that it would be visible when closed. I also added a little bow on the point of one of the diamonds.
Photos and written instructions are copyright Beccy Muir 2013
Stamps by Stampin' Up
Monday, September 16
Today's new set features two of my most popular floral images - Magnolia and Tulips. I've made the flowers into seed packet labels and included some silhouettes and a few word images to complete the set.
Malin's Card (front and inside)
Tarah created a cute little desk calendar
Sunday, September 15
Saturday, September 14
This is another Card Camp challenge card based on a sketch provided by the group owner, Jennie. I used the gorgeous hydrangea stamps from Flourishes, coloured them with copic markers and added just a hint of sparkle to the centre of each blossom.
Friday, September 13
Now that our town's 150th birthday celebration is over I've finally had the opportunity to catch up on some of the challenges I'd neglected from our Yahoo group. I spent the last couple of days holed up in my studio, surrounded by card stock, glue, markers and plenty of coffee... oh what bliss!
The Challenge: Use something from an office supply store.