Tuesday, August 12

Tutorial - Pop-Up Book Card


Pop-Up Book Cards are display cards that are best viewed when standing open.  The inner portion of the card pops up to resemble the pages of an open book, then folds down again when the card is closed.


1.  Start with two 6" x 12" pieces of cardstock.  (I used a piece of 12" x 12" double-sided kraft cardstock, cut it up the middle and turned one piece over.)

2.  Score one of the pieces at 6" and fold in half.  This will form the outside of your card.

3.  Decorate the front as desired then set aside.  (I used patterned papers, ribbon, stamps, a border punch, die cuts and a water coloured image for the front of my card.)


INNER TEMPLATE

4.  Using the template above, cut and score your second piece of cardstock.  (Note: the dashed lines are score lines and the solid lines are cut lines)

5.  Fold along the score lines as shown in the pictures below.  Make sure you press each fold firmly to get a nice sharp crease.
FROM ABOVE

6.  Decorate the cardstock as desired.  (I used patterned papers, die cuts and stamps.)

7.  Turn the piece of cardstock over and add double sided adhesive as shown in the photo below.  Do not add adhesive to the centre section or over any of the creases.

8.  Working with one side at a time, secure the inside section of the card to the outside of the card matching the top, bottom and side edges.  Repeat on the other side and your card is done!

FINISHED CARD

INSIDE
 

Stamps:

20 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

This is an amazing card with a very pretty cover...thanks for sharing another great technique!

KT Fit Kitty said...

This looks awesome! I love your tutorials!

Anonymous said...

I can not wait to make this card. You are so talented.

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

Beautiful card, very creative, thank you for the tutorial, I want to try this one.

Sue
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

karin said...

Such a great cardform ! Thanks for the tutorial Beccy.
Karin
xx

Teresa said...

Great tutorial. Pretty card. Thank you.

Gail said...

What a great fold for a card - I will have to try this! Thanks for sharing - your card is so lovely!

Peggy T. said...

Beccy, you make the most amazing cards. Thank you for sharing them with us. I will be trying this.

Renee B. said...

This is gorgeous Beccy....another one I will have to try to recreate....love your tutorials! The papers you used are beautiful.
Hugs, Renee

https://adiecrafty.blogspot.com/ said...

great tut beccy
hugs

Linda W. said...

Totally beautiful Beccy - DOUBLE WOW!!!

aussie aNNie said...

Dear Beccy this is a wow factor for sure, you are certainly one creative lovely lady. Your tuts couldn't get any clearer and easier than this....thanks.xx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fabulous card, love it!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Capescrapper said...

This is fantastic thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

This is wonderful! Thanks for the easy tutorial.

Anonymous said...

This is just great. I can't wait to share this with my craft ladies if that is ok with you. Your tutorials are so easy to follow. Thanks.

Beccy said...

It's absolutely fine with me Pam, go for it. I hope you and your friends enjoy creating the card!
Cheers,
Beccy

boussuge raymonde said...

Bonjour
merci pour ce partage bravo bise raymonde

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for sharing this! I am making one, and it is turning out beautifully. You are wonderful!

Unknown said...

I love this entire collection and have placed it into my favorites! Many times, I have to make a card quickly and don't have time to come up with something impressive on my own. Thank you so much for making these templates and ideas available to us.