Tuesday, January 6

My New Year's Resolution

I don't usually make New Year's resolutions... mostly because I'm pretty hopeless at following through with things I don't enjoy, and that tends to be the general idea of most promises we make ourselves at the beginning of the year.  However, since I love to make cards I figured that a resolution involving paper would be something I might actually be able to achieve.
 
I have an ever expanding collection of paper offcuts left over from the various cards and projects I've worked on.  Like most paper artists, I store these little treasurers with every intention of using them in the future.  And while I do dip into the box every now and then, it's not enough to make much of a dent.  So.... 
 

... last night I sat down and punched a huge pile of little squares from the patterned papers in my scrap box.  I adhered them to larger pieces of paper, also from the scrap box, to create about forty 5" x 5" squares.  My intention is create cards using these squares as bases.  I'm aiming to have them all used by the end of the year.  Wish me luck!

24 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Fab idea for using scraps. Looking forward to seeing the cards. The quilted card bases look nice! Happy 2015 to you, Beccy and good luck towards your goa!

KT Fit Kitty said...

That's goal not goa LOL.

Tieva-Design said...

I´m looking forward to the cards you will cerate with this papers!
Gabi

Jennifer said...

Wonderful idea, Beccy...they all look great! I too look forward to seeing your creations.

Hugs
Jennifer. x

loz said...

Great idea Beccy. I also have a large box of paper off cutss..Loz

Bonscraft101 said...

Can not wait to see tha cards. Good luck with this

Unknown said...

bonne idee et bonne annee
biz

Theresia said...

That is a great idea, Beccy!
Good luck!
Cheers, Trees

Debi said...

Wonderful idea. Try using embossing folders on a few to give them a real quilted look. Can't wait to see finished cards. Hugs, Debi

Ellie L. said...

What a great idea! You've already done the hard part; good luck on the follow-through. I'm sure you"ll come up with some nice cards.

karin said...

A great idea Beccy ! I think I'll do the same ;)

Josie Cox said...

Bravo the best resolution I have heard and will make my own. Thanks for sharing

cardchick's world said...

Oh!! I really like your idea...this is one resolution that I will follow and add one of your images on it and... bam!! I have a card done...Thanks so much for sharing your idea with us...luv it!

Teresa said...

Good idea!

Donna said...

What an awesome idea. Next time I go on a trip and can't take all my stuff with me I am going to remember to take scraps and try this. Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this great idea. My standing resolution each year is to go someplace I've never been. I am passionate about it, it's attainable (and can be as grand or small an adventure as my means for that year allow), and it enriches my life. Works for me!

Granmargaret said...

Looking forward to seeing your cards made with these. Have a good year.

jasann said...

great idea, we should all do something like this. I personally have two large boxes of offcuts!!!!

Unknown said...

Now that's a resolution that we could all achieve. Thanks for sharing

Sassy Raggedy said...

Thanks so much for sharing this idea. I think I have to try this as well. Great inspiration.Hugs joann

Kath said...

A fabulous idea - I always find my snippets grow at twice the speed I can use them! I look forward to seeing your cards.
Kath x

Conny said...

Such a great idea. I gave myself a challenge last fall: For one week - I could only use that ever scrap pieces I had!!! Just a few weeks aga, cleaning out since we have our house up for sale. I gave myself a new challenge: for 1 week I could only use the scrap pieces in my desk drawer. Thar was a difficult one - I only made abt 10 cards! So on that note, I wish you all the best in your selfmade challenge. Have a blessed dag.

Teresa said...

Can't wait to see what you do! Neat idea!

Conny said...

You did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats - or TILLYKKW (in Danish). It has been great to follow you/your cards. I wonder what you'll come up with next.... Merry Christmas